- India is expected to be home to a skilled workforce of 500 million by 2022. About 12 million persons are expected to join the workforce every year. This talent pool needs to be adequately skilled.
- The healthcare sector is expected to drive the growth of the economy as well as play a significant role in employment.
- Given the significance of skill development as well as the quantum of funding involved, there is also the overarching need for quality structures to be in place, especially from the perspective of successful implementation.
And……This leads to creation of Healthcare Sector Skill Council (HSSC)
Healthcare Sector Skill Council(HSSC) is a unique Initiative of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC) and leading Healthcare Service Providers to create a robust and vibrant eco-system for quality education and skill development in allied healthcare & paramedics in the country with an overall objective of facilitating skilling of 4.8 million workforce in the Allied Healthcare and Paramedics over the next 10 years.
Healthcare Sector Skill Council (HSSC) a Not-for-Profit Organization, registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860
with representation from leading healthcare industry
Structure of Governing Council
- Chairman, CII National Committee on Healthcare
- Member from CII
- Member from NSDC
- Members from Teaching Academies / Institutions
- Members from leading public health institutions
- Members from private hospitals
- Member from Public hospital
- Members from any of the Top* 5 Healthcare Equipment companies
- Member from any of the Top* 5 Pharmacy Companies
- Member Secretary (in- cumbent CEO of HSSC)
Healthcare Sector Skill Council - Scope of Activities
- Identify Skill Gaps in various Allied Healthcare Job Roles through Market Survey, Occupational Mapping and Functional Analysis
- Frame National Occupational Standards (NoS) & Develop High Quality Courses & Training Modules (90 job roles; to begin with National Occupational Standard for 27 Job roles developed)
- Encourage / Rope-in Institutions / Teaching Academies to run certified Programmes / Training Modules as per the Competency Framework developed by HSSC
- Quality Check and Build Accreditation and Certification mechanism of Institutes and students
- Set Up Academy of Excellence (AoE) for Capacity Building (ToT, Simulation, Research, GDA, etc)
- Enable Maximum Employment of SSC certified personnel within the healthcare sector (will sign MoU with Leading Players in Healthcare Sector)