Health Care Sector Skill Council has responsibility for the development of skilled workforce for the healthcare industry which involves hospitals, clinics, Diagnostic centres etc.
Accreditation is given whenassessing body is recognised as competent, in accordance with recognised criteria laid down by HSSC, to carry out specific tasks. Accreditation of Assessing body increases credibility of the assessment by the industry experts and thus reinforces the mutual recognition of the skills by giving the employers direct influence on training policy.
What is the Objective of Health care sector skill council?
The key objective of the Council is to create a robust and vibrant eco-system for quality education and skill development in paramedics and allied healthcare space in the country.
Key goals of HSSC are:-
- Reduce skill gaps and shortages.
- Improve productivity.
- Increase opportunities for all individuals in the workforce.
- Improve learning supply.
- Create VibrantLabour Market Information System.
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is an endorsement of an assessing body’s (AB's) competence, credibility, independence and integrity in carrying out its assessment activities.
Key Parameters of Accreditation:
- Technically competent
- To the required standard
- Appropriately resourced
- Can be sustained
Benefits of Accreditation:
- Accredited assessing bodies will carry out assessment of the trainees for various job roles on behalf of HSSC.
- HSSC accredited assessing bodies would be given opportunity to work with various national and international training institutes or universities, with whom HSSC gets in partnership for NOS compliant trainings from time to time.
- HSSC accreditation would provide assessing bodies the national and international recognition.
- HSSC accredited assessing bodies would be provided with opportunity to increase their capacity building by improving assessment standards based on National Occupational Standards
- HSSC accreditation will instill greater confidence in the market for engaging HSSC accredited assessing bodies in assessment process.
The HSSC Accreditation process is divided into two steps:
- Pre-accreditation process
- Post-accreditation process